This package contains resources to help you supplement any K-5 math curriculum to help students see math from a biblical worldview.
The package includes the following:
- Revealing Arithmetic, which is packed with ready-to-go ideas arranged by concept. Simply look up what you're teaching to get the biblical worldview and ideas you can use with your student. (This book is also used in college to train future teachers.)
- Beyond Numbers, a short handbook you can read in one sitting to understand the biblical worldview for math and how to go about teaching it.
- Teaching Math Biblically, Katherine's audio workshop that will give you an overview of what seeing and teaching math from a biblical worldview is all about.
Order today, or keep scrolling to learn more!
Revealing Arithmetic: Ready-to-Go Ideas to Transform Your Class!
Want to present math from a biblical perspective, but need ideas and a framework from which to start?
Looking for fresh inspiration for your math class?
This manual, which is used by colleges, schools, and homeschools alike, will help you modify and "fill in the gaps" in your curriculum.
This in depth book shows us how to teach math biblically from the tot learning to count through exponents and roots. It challenges us (and teaches us) to move from biblical thinking to practical use of math, rather than completing a number of pages and memorizing formulae. There are a few worksheets and extensive appendices giving history and understanding of various math methods, how to make and use various styles of abacuses and more. For Christians, I believe this book is a "must read‚" to complement any math curriculum.
Choosing & Using Curriculum
In Revealing Arithmetic, you'll get ideas and inspiration to help you:
- Reinforce a biblical worldview and worship the Lord in math.
- Teach your children to really understand concepts and think mathematically as opposed to merely memorizing mechanics.
- Transform everyday activities and objects into math lessons, teaching your child to use math as a real-life tool.
- Make and use an abacus in your teaching, as well as explore other historical methods and symbols that help children really view math as a tool and better understand our modern method.
Revealing Arithmetic is a spectacular book! It will be required reading for all of my "Math Ed." students.- Jay Auxt, engineer, author, speaker, and adjunct instructor at Antietam Bible College
Engineer, Author, Speaker, and Adjunct Instructor at Antietam Bible College
- Usable with a variety of grades and learning styles - Concepts covered range from counting to exponents (view the Table of Contents), making it appropriate for supplementing a pre-K through about grade 6 curriculum. Since math builds on itself, students in even older grades can also use the book as a review to help them get a firm foundation for upper-level concepts. Because of the format and structure, you can easily take or modify the information for your particular child's ability and interests.
- Includes examples of modifying a typical curriculum presentation - Each chapter (with the exception of counting) walks through modifying a typical curriculum presentation, illustrating ways you could modify your textbook to convey the principles and goals discussed.
- Easy to use, with concepts nicely broken out by chapters and listed in an Index.
Retails as a printed copy or e-book for $19.99. More than 200 full-sized pages.
This afternoon an unusual event occurred in our home. As I sat on the couch reading through the chapter on counting in Revealing Mathematics with my 2nd born child, I began to cry. Now, it is not wholly strange for me to mix crying with math. But I have never cried in thankfulness to God over it. Patience and I continued to talk through the chapter about His great provisions (including math). It was to me the most blessed math lesson ever.
Revealing Arithmetic is the perfect reference work to assist homeschoolers teaching math to students of all ages. Whatever curriculum you are using, this book explains math concepts in clear, easy-to-understand principles from the Word of God...After reading Revealing Arithmetic for myself, I spent several weeks reading the chapters aloud with my children. We were awed by God's sovereignty over all of creation; His constancy that sustains all of the principles we use each day; and our complete dependence on Him each moment. Read entire review.
Homeschool Mom and author of the blog "Whatever State I Am"
Understand the "Big Picture" with This Guide
Learn how to see and teach math from a biblical worldview with this easy-to-read guidebook!
This Book Will Help You:
- Get invigorated about math as you see how math’s very existence reminds us of God’s faithfulness.
- Teach your child to view the world through a Christian perspective. You just may find that he is better able to understand and apply math. Things make so much more sense when we approach them correctly!
- Concise enough to read in one sitting. You won’t have to spend hours reading!
- Written by a homeschool graduate with the homeschool parent in mind, this book is designed so ANYONE can understand it. However, the information it contains also applies to school teachers, and has been used by universities and Christian schools alike.
- Written in every-day language. This is one math book you don’t have to fear! In fact, you may find that it takes the fear out of math.
- Integratable with the curriculum of your choice. This book walks you through how to both select and modify a curriculum for your child. Includes reviews of a few common curriculums, and guidelines for finding a good math curriculum.
This small gem discusses the general topic of thinking biblically as it applies to math. It gives examples from history, is illustrated with thought-provoking cartoons, and provides samples of practical application of thinking biblically as you teach math.
in Choosing & Using Curriculum
Retails as a printed copy for $8.99 or an e-book for $5.99.
As I made my way through the pages I was captivated by the fresh perspective brought to the entire world of mathematics. Every homeschooling parent ought to read this book.
Homeschool pioneer, speaker, author, education consultant, and Lifework Forum director
So, if you are like me and avoid math, read this book to bring a glimmer of hope and purpose. If you delight in numbers, this book will bring a new depth to that delight. If you are teaching anyone math or thinking math is neutral, you have to read this book to protect the hearts and minds of yourself and those you love. Read entire review.
Get an Audio Overview of Viewing and Teaching Math
from a Biblical Worldview.
An audio overview of teaching math biblically.
What do we mean by teaching math biblically? Does it really matter? And how do I begin? Find out in this 45-minute workshop.
Retails as an MP3 for $3.99 or a physical CD for $4.99.
Katherine’s information is transforming my view of math!
Order Today and Get Started Transforming Your Math Class!