Don’t miss these video supplements that walk students through the course in an engaging, visual/auditory way!
- Free Online Graphing Calculators – These calculators can be used instead of a graphing calculator for this course. (It is recommended that college-bound students get a graphing calculator, however, so they are already familiar with using one.)
- Desmos (suggested, due to ease of identifying values and zooming in and out) – Note that you have to press the keyboard symbol in the bottom left to get a keyboard. Press y = and the values y equals, using x to stand for the independent variable. Use ^ to show exponents (use your right arrow to get back from an exponent to a regular value). Click on the graph of the curve itself to see the value at any particular point. Zoom in or out using the plus or minus signs. Add a second equation by clicking underneath where the first is typed and typing another one.
- Math Is Fun – Use ^ to show exponents; use the first line for inputting the first equation, and the second for the second.
- Free Online Matrix Calculators – These calculators can be used to calculate matrices.
- Desmos – Input a new matrix for each matrix. Press A, A^-1, B to find (A^-1)(B).
- Math Is Fun – Note that in order to calculate (A^-1)(B), you have to first press “inv(A)”, and then press the “to A” button in order to store it as Matrix A. Then press the AB button to calculate A times B, which is really (A^-1)(B), as you stored A^-1 as A (A^-1 is another way of saying the inverse of A).
- The Atheist Delusion – Watch free online or order a DVD.
Quiz 1, Problem 3d
The question should read “if the momentum is 12?” instead of “if the momentum is 10?”
Teacher Guide, Quiz 1, Problem 3d
The answer as it is should be approximately 6.66, found by multiplying 2 by approximately 3.33. However, the problem really should give a momentum of 12 instead of 10, which would leave the solution correct except for all the 10s would be 12s in it. The answer would then be 8, as it is listed as right now.
Teacher Guide, Worksheet 2.7B, Problem 3
The instructions should say, “find the answer if the unknown equals 2” rather than “if a equals 2.”